Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Living a life full of JOY

I follow several blogs and I recently read about choosing a word for the year. Your word can be anything you choose. It could be something like "change" or "discipline" or "try" or "dare" . . .you get the point. I have thought about this for three days and the word that keeps coming to mind is JOY. I do want to live a life full of joy. I want to enJOY everything about life - my job, my family, my friends. I want to enJOY worship at church. I thought it would be great to have a verse(s) to go with this. I think my verse will be
John 15:9-13 (New International Version)
"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment