Friday, October 1, 2010

How early is it . . .really?

Yes, it was very early in the morning . . .and no, we had not showered or put on make-up or combed our hair (Mark doesn't have that problem). I had brushed my teeth but that is all! This was our last morning at the beach. (I have on my Auburn shirt because we won the night before!!) I love the people in this picture. I love Mark - goodness, we've been married over 26 years now - we put up with a lot from each other - but we are good together. Guy and Phella are two of the best friends in the world. I met Phella when Glenn and Laura were just tiny babies and she was pregnant with Michael - we've been friends for almost 24 years. Guy and Phella are such blessings in our lives. I looked up the definition of friend and added some notes of my own!
A friend is . . .
1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts. (not just likes but loves and trusts enough to say anything to them; share anything; tell the other one he or she is wrong)
2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance. (much much more than an acquaintance)
3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade. (that would be life!)

I thank God for the blessing of friends - Today I thank God for Mark and Guy and Phella.

No comments:

Post a Comment