Friday, February 11, 2011

Will you be my valentine?

What a nice day today - nothing fancy - no big gifts - just lots of love. I bought a card for Mark (funny, not mushy) and two boxes of fancy schmancy (sp?) granola. He bought (with Laura's help - it is so good to have a grown daughter) three new movies for me to watch - yippee! We gave Laura a card with a little cash in it (since she isn't working this semester because of student teaching). Tonight, we went to the Bright Star for dinner. This is Alabama's oldest restaurant - opened in 1907!! Our wonderful young adults from Tuesday night gave us a gift card to the Bright Star for Christmas and we saved it until tonight. We invited Laura and Mark's momma to go with us and we had a very nice evening. Not exactly a romantic evening . . .but a nice evening. Good food, some laughs, some conversation. The place was packed. We had a reservation for 6:30 so we didn't have to wait for a table but the service was fairly slow. I'm not kidding when I say that the place was packed. I imagine it was as full as fire code will allow.




I made old fashioned valentines (not store bought!!) for the folks at work. Well, of course, I did buy the suckers but I hand printed each one -doesn't that count?
I bought some cute sock monkeys for some special kids in our life, and I made sock monkey valentines using my silhouette SD cutter. I thought they turned out really cute!! (yes, they are propped on a bottle of wine . . what can I say? I wasn't drinking while crafting!!)

Today was a good day - not too fancy - just right. I am so blessed to love much and to be loved much. (let me ask a question . . .this post is showing friday's date . . .because I uploaded the picture of our dining room table then. . .can you change the date on a post???)

No comments:

Post a Comment