Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The difference in men and women . . .and how they spend birthday money

Men and women are just different.  In lots of ways.  Some that are obvious.  Some that we won't discuss.  I think men and women are different in the way they shop.  Mark hates to shop.  He detests shopping for clothes or gifts.  I think he enjoys shopping at Bass Pro Shop for toys.  For his birthday, he received a check from his momma . . . and I gave him two gift cards to Bass Pro Shop.  On Saturday, he came in from working in the yard and got dressed and said, "I'm going shopping."  Imagine my jaw dropping to the floor!!!  He was gone for quite a while and when he returned, he had purchased something he had been wanting for a long time.

Mark bought a white river fly fishing rod and an Orvis reel.
I don't know about you, but when I purchase a new toy - some scrapbooking materials or some new fabric, I come home and begin to "play" with my purchase.  Mark did the very same thing.  I realized he wasn't in the house . . .and I walked out on the deck and found him backyard fishing again.
He was enjoying his new purchase!!

Look at his determination and concentration!!

No comments:

Post a Comment