Thursday, May 31, 2012

New camera lens and other assorted junk (I mean stuff)


I bought something new . . .and I don't have a picture of it so I found one on an ad and copied it . . .and it is a horrible picture BUT you can see what I purchased.  I purchased a new lens for my Canon and I've been playing with it.  Mark gave me a gift card to Wolf Camera for Christmas and I have a tiny savings account (I literally save $30 a month in this account!!) and as soon as I had enough money to put with the gift card, I quickly drove to Wolf and made a purchase.  I have an even larger lens that I use with my 35mm Rebel but it does not have image stabilization (or as I call it "anti-shake").  I guess I need to purchase a tripod to use with the bigger lens.  I'm just not really sure what pictures I would shoot with a tripod.


Have I ever told you that I love the color red?  I do.  It is one of my favorite colors.  I have a red kitchen aid mixer and I have this red lodge skillet.  Yes - the people who make wonderful iron skillets also have a color line!!!!  I was actually cooking dinner for my sweet friend, Lucy, who recently gave birth to a beautiful but tiny baby boy, Wint . . .Wint is now with Jesus.  Sometimes it seems as if the only thing we can do for those we love who hurt is to pray for them and cook for them.


I shot this from the deck using the new lens.  So pretty. 

I was all the way across the deck and captured sweet kitty sound asleep. This is what crazy middle aged moms do during the day when they are left home alone :-) - give us a camera and a skillet and a project (like cooking for someone else) and goodness gracious, we can make ourselves happy!!!
!!

No comments:

Post a Comment