Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I lied . . .today and then one more from vacation

ok - this is one of the weirdest pictures ever.  I-Phones have done that to me.  I love being in a store and having the need to share something . . .and being able to text a picture.  Glenn brought his fryer to the beach and I swear that Mark and Glenn fried everything they could find.  One of the requests was for corn nuggets and the publix did not have corn nuggets BUT walmart did!!  I can't remember why I felt the need to drive up to walmart but I'm sure there was a reason.  I think that I needed some glue for scrapbooking.  Yes, I did take a big bag full of scrapbooking supplies and enjoyed making a few pages while at the beach.  Back to the corn nuggets.  We ended up with too many corn nuggets.  How could you possibly have too many corn nuggets?  Well, Lauren had to drive back to Mobile on Tuesday night (she is teaching at class at South Alabama - I'm so proud of her!!) and she brought some back from Mobile and I bought some at the store . . .and by the end of the week, I was begging for non-fried food . . .so we had extra.  Someone in our family evidently wanted honey mustard for dipping.  If you haven't tried it, Ken's Lite Honey Mustard is really good!!


I'm not smiling in this photo and I have no idea why . . .maybe I was hot?  We had a nice wind almost all of the week which made sitting outside much more pleasant.  I wish I was there now.  My bones are calling out for some more sunshine.  I MUST get some sunshine this weekend.  Did you read the newest study?  We need 10-15 minutes at least four times a week of sun on our arms and legs without sunscreen - yes, that is correct - without sunscreen - in order for our bodies to properly absorb Vitamin D.  Usually I hate studies because they always tell us things like, "don't use nutrasweet" or "don't drink too many diet colas" or you get the idea.  This one is good - it tells me to do something I really like to do.  Now I just have to find the time to do it.


This was lunch one day.  The guys had caught and filleted (is that how you spell that?) fish and FRIED IT.  Yes, that fryer came in really handy.  I will admit that fried fish sandwiches with cole slaw on top are pretty delicious.  If you have never tried Marzetti's cole slaw dressing, buy some and a bag of shredded cabbage.  Really good and really easy.  First time we had ever had it was at the beach.  (Marzetti's nor Ken's know that I'm giving a plug for their products!!)  We also had steamed shrimp a couple of times.  We only went out to lunch once all week and ate all of our other meals in the condo.

ok - I walked into the living space in the middle of the condo and look what was going on - sunscreen via assembly line.  I thought this was so funny that I just had to snap a picture.  Mark HATES cold sunscreen and he actually looks like he is flinching!!

This is the first time that I've ever used paint . . .but there was something that I needed to cover in the picture.  You can use your imagination :-)


This was the boy's corner of the condo - all fishing - all the time.  When they aren't fishing, Mark is planning what they need to fish with the next time and getting the rods ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment