Friday, March 1, 2013

I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Can you hear that tune?  I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it


I'm about to lose control and I think I like it

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it

(the rest of the song does not really match this post!!)   I'm so excited because I am going to attend this conference in July:    
  I booked my reservations last night and signed up for all the sessions I wish to attend and I'M SO EXCITED!!   I am also OVERWHELMED.  Someone in our church loves me . . .and they contacted me last year and told me about this conference  . . .and "gifted" me (actually they are gifting the church - but I get to benefit!!) with the funds to attend and participate.  Last year, when we checked the registration, all of the break out sessions that were even remotely applicable were full and the main hotel was full so we decided it was not the right time.  This year, I have struggled also.  One of our wonderful young adults from "Tuesday night study at our house" is getting married that weekend.  I have prayed and prayed and prayed about what to do . . .stay home for the wedding (because we love her dearly) or go to the conference that I have been waiting on for a year.  I finally called the mom of the bride yesterday and talked to her . . .and last night I registered for the conference.  Now I am so excited!!   I love learning new things.  I'm going to drive, rather than fly, and I look forward to seeing some new sights.  I hope to make some new friends.  (I will tell you a secret about me . . .I'm an extrovert and love to laugh and talk  . . .but the only time I am shy is when I am the only person that I know in a new setting -- I'm hoping and praying that I'll be able to jump right in without that shyness . . .but it might be a good thing to just listen!!)   I'm so excited!!  If anyone that reads my blog is going, let me know . . .I might need a friend :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment