Friday, February 21, 2014

Thought processes

(disclaimer - this post may make ZERO sense to anyone but me . . .but I am processing)
I slept late this morning - UNTIL 7:00 a.m.!!!  I woke up (that is a good thing) and the sun is shining and the sky is blue.  There is food in my pantry and there are diet pepsis in my refrigerator.  I've just received a promotion at work.  We just had our hardwood floors redone in the kitchen and they are lovely.  Mark's sister, Susie and our brother-in-love, Bob are flying into town today.  I have some crafty type things I would like to work on today.  I have a gift card to spend at Talbots.  I have an Iphone that needs repair (but I have one!).  I am surrounded (not at this moment - I'm alone at the kitchen table) . . .but I am indeed surrounded by family and friends who love me.  There is an Emmaus Walk (Rise and Shine Walk 425) going on at Camp Sumatanga and I am privileged to pray for those team members (whom I love very much!) and the pilgrims.  I have antibiotics and steroids to fight this nasty "asthma/allergy" attack.


I could have worded each of those statements in a different way . . . and they would have been filled with negativity.  This week, due to sickness and death and stress and sadness and disappointment, EACH of those things could have been stated in a negative way (except for maybe the gift card at Talbots . . .the only negative is that I have to go to the Summit to spend it - aww shucks! -- just as an FYI, I am thrilled to see Susie and Bob BUT they are coming for Nancy's memorial service . . . .)


Jesus said, "I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of."  He didn't say, "Hey Lisa - bad stuff is going to happen so you can wallow in it" (is that how you even spell wallow?  in my house when I was a kid, it would have been "waller" -- you know - "just waller in it").


Life is hard.  God is good.  Bad stuff happens.  God is bigger.  I'm going to miss my friend and cousin.  She is dancing with Jesus.  I've got to learn a whole new job.  God is with me - always - and gave me a sharp mind and he also gave me the ability to apologize and say, "I screwed up on that project." I'm not at Camp Sumatanga this weekend with Teresa and Kam and Nathan and my other friends BUT GOD IS THERE . . .and GOD IS HERE!!! 


Just read this a few moments ago  -- Isaiah 55 (the message) . . . .and I'll end with this because God is good - all the time.  Go out in Joy.  Yes, Lord.


So you’ll go out in joy,
    you’ll be led into a whole and complete life.
The mountains and hills will lead the parade,
    bursting with song.
All the trees of the forest will join the procession,
    exuberant with applause.
No more thistles, but giant sequoias,
    no more thornbushes, but stately pines



1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your blog - I really like this post. I agree - it helps to write it down - to process.
    Shelia
    www.houseofhighlands.com

    ReplyDelete