Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The third of July . . .yes, the third!


This year, the fourth fell on a Saturday so most of us were off on Friday.  Mollie and Roger graciously invited us to spend the day with them at their lake house on lake Mitchell.  What is it about the water lapping against the pier and the breeze blowing across the water?  I immediately feel as if God is washing me clean - every time!!  I hate that I need to be washed so often - but heck, I do.

So . . .the day was a little cloudy but the water wasn't crowded because obviously EVERY one else planned to celebrate on Saturday!


Mollie and Roger have a screen porch and deck up on top of the boathouse and Mark and I spent a good bit of time up there this year.


As a matter of fact, this year was a first.  NEITHER Mark nor I ever put on our bathing suits.  We love the water and the sun so that is really unusual for us.  We rested in the rockers - like old people - and it was nice.  I've been tired lately and it was good to just sit for a few moments.


We had a smaller crowd than some years.  Our kids were unable to attend and Nathan was on call and David and his family were out of town.  Even though we missed all those who couldn't be with us, it was still "just right." We ate, we talked, we laughed, we visited . .. we repeated!


When we first started going to the lake for the fourth (or third this year!), our children were the young ones . . .Nancy is holding Charis (Charis will be starting her sophomore year in college in just a few weeks) - David, on the sea doo, is now the daddy of three children;



so many memories - so much fun!


And now . . .NOW . . . there is a new generation of babies.  I can't even wrap my mind around the fact that the years just fly by!


Isn't she a doll???


Even though Mark and I didn't play in the water this year, lots of folks did!


It was such a good day with family.


No comments:

Post a Comment