Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Wednesday Hodge Podge

Join us over at From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodge Podge


1. What's on your September calendar? Anything fun? Let's see . . .I hope I'm staying home over Labor Day weekend because I am so very tired. I need three days to decompress. We have invited friends over to eat dinner on Saturday night. We will go out to eat with our "out to eat Sunday school supper club" next weekend. We are going to Babalu's - I really enjoyed it the last time I ate there but Mark did not - I think I'll make him order whatever I order.  He seems to always order the wrong thing!!  You know what I mean??  We are hosting a recipe shower for our cousin on September 13. My job was to design, copy and mail the invitations.  I think they turned out really cute. 


2. You might be described as a natural born _________talker____________? hahaha! I can talk your ears off - I love a good talk!  I think that might be the only thing that I do really well!

3. September is National Courtesy Month...what one act of courtesy would you most like to see more of in your home, town, or the world at large? I wish that folks would say please and thank you more often.  Here in the south, we just grew up saying it. I always want people to stop talking about others - "Bless her heart" is not going to cut it. (I'm including myself)

4. Eager beaver, chicken out, clam up, or let the cat out of the bag...of the phrases listed, which one have you related to most recently?  Clam up - which is really unusual - see number 2 above!  I've been quiet in my office today.

5. What's your movie theater snack protocol? Do you chow down on snacks during the previews or wait until the movie begins? Do you buy snacks or refuse to pay those kind of prices? What's the last movie you saw in a theater? How many thumbs up would you give it? Movies? Who goes to the movies? In 31 years of marriage and 2 years of dating, we have probably seen less than 10 movies as a couple!  I love a good movie, though!!  I also love the movie snacks.  I love to get the big popcorn and work on it while the previews are playing!! I honestly don't remember the last movie we saw.  Mark and I usually go see any new James Bond or Pirates of the Caribbean movie in the theater.  I used to take the children to see the new children's movies.  I always loved that.

6. Henry Ford is quoted as saying, "Nobody can think straight who does not work. Idleness warps the mind." Agree or disagree? Why? I think that might be true.  Surely working keeps our minds sharp.  I'm telling myself that anyway!!

7. What's the last job you completed or task you performed where you had to 'work like a dog' until it was finished? I can't think of anything . . .I haven't done any yard work (new house); I haven't done much housework (new house plus I have a cleaning lady) - I work hard at my job.  I've been hand addressing invitation envelopes today so I've been "working like a dog" :-). When we moved into our house last year, we worked like dogs - I don't think I've ever been that tired in my life.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. We have all sorts of big news at our house. We are going to have a grandbaby!  Our new names in March will be Gran and Pops. We are so excited. Our other big news is that our daughter got a teaching job in a city about an hour and 15 minutes away from us.  She is going to do a great job!! I don't have a picture of Laura on her first day of school but I do have a picture of how Glenn and Lauren told us about the baby. Laura did send us this picture one day - the school where she is teaching is near a lake and a wonderful family allowed her to stay with them last week.  This was her after school view -







No comments:

Post a Comment