Friday, April 21, 2017

R is #AtoZChallenge

Today is day 18 of the A to Z Challenge.  I've so enjoyed reading a variety of blogs and I've realized that I have lived a fairly boring life.  I've never been on a safari nor have I seen the Northern Lights - I want to do both of those!  I also want to do a zip line!! 

So R . . .yeah . . .it is Friday night and I am brain dead!  I worked today and right after work I decided that I needed to:

1. Rest and Relax

I went to get a pedicure which is normally very relaxing.  Today was not my favorite pedicure ever and I love the place I go . . .it just wasn't the best.  I imagine it was my frame of mind as much as anything BUT I do have pretty toes right now!!


2.  Rescue

As soon as I finished my pedicure, I rescued my granddaughter from daycare.  Actually, her daycare is very nice and the care givers are awesome.  She and I came to my house and played with her toys until her mommy could get here after work.

3. Rest again

My neighbors were having happy hour on their porch after Emma and her mommy left so I visited with them for a few moments.

4. Ridiculous

Then I bought a ridiculous amount of groceries.  We are having a cookout/picnic in the park with our young adult group on Tuesday night so I purchased those groceries, plus some of our own groceries, plus food to prepare for supper club on Thursday night.  I actually didn't buy everything on my list because I was tired of pushing the heavy cart . . .and there was no more room in the cart!!  I've come up with this wonderful way of fitting extra bags . . .I hang the six pack of diet pepsis over the edge of the cart and then I loop sacks around the tops of the bottles.  I actually couldn't fit between parked cars so I got in extra steps by walking to the end of the row!



5. React

As I was unloading the groceries in the garage, one of my sacks broke . . .and a giant jar of salsa hit the concrete floor and exploded.  I did react.  I wanted to cry but I didn't.  I cleaned it up.  I sort of cleaned it up.  I hope I don't back over glass tomorrow.  I need to wash the floor but I think I'll wait until Mark gets back from the farm tomorrow.


6. Race

I just finished watching Hidden Figures.  It was a wonderful movie.  I wanted to scream and cheer multiple times in the movie.  I LOVED the scene where he ripped the colored bathroom sign off the wall and I LOVED the scene where she convinced the judge to allow her to take classes at an all white school -- to be THE FIRST!!  I loved many other scenes and hated the way we (white southerners) have acted over the years.


7. Robitussin

nuff said?  I need Robitussin.  Allergies.



8. Recycle

Tomorrow is the hazardous waste day in my town and they accept old paint cans, old prescriptions, and a million other things.  I'm hoping they will take my empty helium canister.  I know they will dispose of most of these items but hopefully some will be recycled.


9. Religion

I am a Christian.  My identity is in Christ.  I can't imagine my life without faith.


10. Return

I have to return a dress tomorrow . . .I ordered it for Easter and it just isn't right!!

Yes, I know this is THE MOST BORING post ever but I'm headed to bed . . .after some more
Robitussin!!

1 comment:

  1. That's a great list of Rs. I can go for some rest and relaxation, too.

    By the way, your grocery cart is a work of art!

    Trudy @ Reel Focus
    Food in Film: S’mores

    ReplyDelete