Lisa’s wacky pulled from many-recipes crockpot Mexican Lasagna
(2 crockpot recipe)
Feeds about 20 hungry people. Serve with homemade guacamole; chips; melted white cheese; shredded lettuce; sliced black olives; chopped tomatoes; chopped onion
I forgot to take a picture! To be honest, it is not a "pretty" dish but it is "oh so tasty"!! Some served it like a serving of a casserole on their plate with everything else on the side. Some piled chips on their plate and covered it with a scoop of Mexican Lasagna and topped it with melted cheese and all the toppings. There is no right or wrong way to eat this dish - just eat it and enjoy!!
1 small jar of salsa (mild or medium – your choice)
Flour tortillas – pack of 20 (maybe just a pack of 12 large would be enough)
3 – 8 ounce blocks light cream cheese
5 # ground beef (I used 85/15)
3 packets taco seasoning
2 cans black beans – drained
2 cans white shoepeg corn
1 can ranch style beans
36 ounces shredded Mexican style cheese
3 cans rotel
1 can campbell’s cheese soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 chopped onion
1. Cook ground beef until no pink remains – drain (I used a bulb to suction most of the fat – left some)
2. Add three packs of taco seasoning and stir to combine.
You can do the above step the night before and place in refrigerator overnight or you can cook and proceed to the next step.
3. Spray crockpots with Pam
4. Place about half the small jar of salsa on the bottom of each crockpot
5. Spread cream cheese on 4-6 or 8 tortillas (you need to soften cream cheese first) (second note – I use one giant crockpot and one large crockpot. You are going to lay tortillas in each crockpot overlapping them and making sure that about an inch goes up the side of the crockpot. One of my crockpots required four (4) tortillas – the other required only two (2).)
6. Put about ¼ of the meat mixture on top of the tortillas (1/4 of the mixture PER crockpot – so you will have used half of the meat total)
7. Mix together the black beans, chopped onion, corn and ranch style beans.
8. Place about ¼ of the bean/corn mixture on top of the meat (1/4 of the mixture PER crockpot – so you will have used ½ of the bean/corn mixture total)
9. Sprinkle a layer of grated cheese on top – a GOOD layer of cheese
10. Add ½ can of rotel (I used mild in this step) to each crockpot
11. Repeat layers from steps 5-9.
12. I had a little extra meat and I placed it on top of everything else in each crockpot. (this was not a planned step!!)
13. Mix together 2 cans rotel, 1 can of cheese soup, 1 can cream of chicken soup.
14. Spread half of above mixture on top of each crockpot.