Saturday, June 24, 2017

wedding #3!!

Last Saturday night, we attended wedding #3 - 3rd weekend in a row!  I only have two pictures because I was having too much fun to take pictures!  I don't even have a picture of the bride and she was beautiful!!

The sanctuary looked elegant - white flowers on the altar with a candelabra on either side.  Many of our friends from church were in attendance so it was fun to visit with folks.  Two of our ministers officiated at the service and the musicians were from our church also and it was just perfect.  Michelle, the bride, had on a gorgeous dress.  She does cross fit (or one of those) and the preacher said she had even done it on her wedding day . . .so her dress was not only elegant and beautiful but it looked great on her, too.


The reception was at B & A Warehouse, a local venue.  B & A is located in the same area as our baseball field and there was a game that night.  B & A offers a great service.  Parking is already a nightmare in that area so B & A runs a shuttle bus (with air conditioning -- this is the DEEP south!) back and forth between a parking lot and the venue.  They run every few minutes so there was very little wait time.  It was fun to be on the bus with friends.

There were about 275-300 people at the wedding and reception and the food and drink flowed.  They served beer and wine and tea and water.  I'm not even sure about all the food that was served!  I know they served a bruschetta with pesto and something else that was yummy!  They also served the prettiest multi-colored tortilla chips I've ever seen (with a hefty dip).  Mark found a new favorite - they had chicken fried in waffle batter . . .on a stick!  Mark loves fried chicken.  Mark loves waffles.  Mark loves fried chicken and waffles.  Now Mark loves chicken fried in waffle batter on a stick!

Here I am with the mother-of-the-bride.  It was an evening wedding so all of the men had on dark suits and the ladies wore their "finest".

We've been to 3 weddings in 3 weekends and 2 of the 3 have served cheese cakes as the groom's cakes! 

The bride and groom are honeymooning in Fiji!  I can't wait to hear about their trip through her mom.  What an incredible trip!!

We have an off week this weekend so we kept our sweet baby girl last night and are going to supper club tonight . . .and next weekend, I'm hosting a bridal shower/tea at my house so it will be busy!  I have fun pictures from my birthday celebrations and father's day and last night (Emma) so maybe I'll have time to blog this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment