Wednesday, August 16, 2017

HodgePodge




1. Do your actions match your words? Elaborate.
I'm sure they don't always match . . . but I do try!  I teach Sunday School and facilitate a group for young adults on Tuesday nights and if I talk about something and the way Christ calls us to live, I try hard to live it myself.  Do I fail?  Often!  Do I keep trying with God's help? YES!

2. Sick as a dog, go to the dogs, dog days of summer, dog tired, it's a dog's life, every dog has it's day, can't teach an old dog new tricks...now doggone it which saying could most recently be applied to your life?

We are in the dog days of summer here in Alabama.  Days are hot.  Afternoon thunderstorms pop up and then the humidity, which was already high, jumps even higher.

3. Your favorite book featuring a dog in the storyline? What makes it a favorite?

Where the Red Fern Grows and Old Yeller are the two that pop into my head!  both of those books make me cry!  There is another book that our family listened to in the car one year . . .about a dog . . .and I can't remember the name of it.  I was so proud of myself for getting a book (probably on cassette tape but surely it was on a CD) for us to listen to as a family!  As a kid, I loved watching Lassie on TV!!  (yes, I know that dates me!)

4. What's something you hope to one day have the confidence to do?

oh wow - can't decide how deep I want to go with this one . . .I had to sit here a few moments and think about this one.  This is a silly one but when we went to the Dead Sea on our previous Holy Land trip, I didn't have the confidence to put on a bathing suit in front of all those folks so I missed out on a major opportunity!  When we go back in 2018, I'm going to have the confidence to put on a dadgum bathing suit and float in the Dead Sea!!

5. August 16th is National Tell a Joke Day. So tell us a joke.

Knock Knock!  Who's there?  Atch.  Atch Who?  I'm sorry, I didn't know you had allergies!  I AM NOT a joke teller.  I love to laugh and I love a good joke but I can't tell a joke for the life of me!

6. Insert your own random thought here.

This morning, I sat at my island in the kitchen and sorted/alphabetized name tags from our Administrative Board meeting.  It was early.  It was still dark outside.  I found myself praying for the folks whose names were on those tags.  It was a good thing!  I normally spend some time every morning in prayer and this morning's time was so focused on the faces that belong to those nametags.

One more random thought -- This is a blurry picture because she never stands still for long but just had to post a picture of our sweet grandbaby who LOVES her pops (I'm going to be Gran someday when she can say it!), loves shoes, loves bows, can say octopus (I taught her that one!) . . .and my favorite thing - she calls "pop?" "pop?" . . .and then she says, "whereishe" . . .all one word.  It is so stinking cute!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lisa, your little grand is so cute and I love the one word she says, too cute. We have our very first and only grandgirlie so far and I can only imagine what her first words will be. We are gramps and baba so time will tell what is easier to vocalize. I love your inspiration to pray over those name cards. A friend of mine would set her tables early with name cards at each place and then pray over each setting for the individual who would sit there. Such a great part of hospitality. You can go with the bathing suit, maybe buy a little coverup to wear to the shore and take off as you bob in the dead sea. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete